Life after university


Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.


Fuh, fuh, fuh! *dusting off the blog virtually*


Fast forward to (more than) a year since the last blog entry; I have successfully graduated from the University of Manchester after 3 years of doing BA in Linguistics; got back home i.e. Malaysia; will soon be an aunt - whom my nephews & nieces should call Didi instead of the expected boring Mak Ngah lelz; insyaAllah will go back to Manchester for MA degree this September. Alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah 💗

Life for me is indeed a roller coaster; a fun ride that renders more sincere smiles than ugly frowns surprisingly! Every episode is a highlight, a milestone that I never want to alter - except that kalau boleh nak buat more pahala and less dosa, semestinya.

The last sunset before our flight LHR - KUL, August 2019

Being the forgetful an-nas, we often attribute the strength to wade through the challenges to our own humanly capabilities which are actually limited. It ain't as simplistic as that since it's all God's doing that we get to be strong today due to the lessons that He's exclusively written in our taqdir. Hence, alhamdulillah 'ala kulli hal - all praises to Allah for every thing that's happened and that's going to happen.

Allah has brought me to KMS, the UK, Manchester, and back to Malaysia in the span of 6 years. So, have these episodes changed me? Did they make me a better Amalina? Or have I become the worse version of me instead?




I sincerely hope that I have since become a much much better individual, and more importantly better 'abid and khalifah of Allah. Though I may not have done much compared to others who have more provisions to do greater good for the world, I hope I have been the better me compared to the Amalina at 15, 9 years ago. Hopefully.

Oh yes, and life after uni has been eventful, interesting, and full of challenges & hikmah all the way!

Mr. Owl and lavender bouquet from Aini + sweet cupcakes from the graduation marquee, July 2018


Every graduate, including I, would normally expect to get our dream job 3 or 5 months after leaving uni. But life is not as easy as we want it to be, apparently. *HA HA YOU WISH!*

- I quit a job as an editor at a local publishing company after 11 days of working from 9 to 6.30. (The company is fishy, don't blame me for not staying gahhh!)

- Went through an episode of emotional turbulence early this year as I felt that I wasn't good enough compared to my fellow college-mates who have secured their dream job a couple of months after graduating. (This is because of FOMO and social media addiction astaghfirullah.) Alhamdulillah, I have supportive friends and family to assure me that God's plan is better than this. 

- Had to decide between working and studying after securing a job offer from a bank and later, the postgraduate funding loan from my sponsor. BIG BIG DECISION RIGHT THERE. But alhamdulillah, He strengthened me to proceed with the latter.

- Hence, I am currently freelancing as a (academic paper) proofreader with a company. The perks of being a freelancer: I don't need to leave the house, I can plan my own schedule, I can concentrate on menabung for my pre-university expenses while helping around at home, babysitting the 5 babies with ibu. 


Though life may not turn out the way it was planned in our mind, it is always eventful kan? Because life is subject to God's plan and not ours. So, whatever happens, fret not. Allah has planned everything for us. We simply need to have faith, put effort, pray, and tawakkal for the best!

Ultimately, every thing that occurs in life should bring us closer to our Creator and not away from Him. That is key.



Graduation sash from Aini



Raya at Cikgu Zalina's house with the other 4 KMS classmates yesterday, June 2019



Comments